Wednesday, May 28, 2008

what Qatar is like

For almost all of my friends, and anyone else that thought that Qatar was like Saudi Arabia, WRONG!!!  Qatar is very peaceful, i especially like all the cats, even if they are feral.  The people are very friendly, they know English, and , no, the don't carry guns.  I haven't seen any camels yet...  I think we are going to go to the farm this weekend.  But i did see a donkey.  
My mom is making me take Squash.  Which is the same thing as Racket ball.  I am kind of looking to it.  

I am on my third full day here.  I know how to say hi, thank you, no, my name is, my name, how are you?, and mom.  They are all very simple.  I also know all of the numbers.  That includes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0.  Not much but i might be able able to talk to people.  

That is all for now!  Post again when i know more wrds or something interesting happens!!  Short people ROCK  \m/:)\m/!!!

Daniel

6 comments:

Claire Bradin siskin said...

Daniel,

Your progress in Arabic is astounding!

Claire

Coleen said...

Awesome that you are learning Arabic! and you're gonna learn squash!! cool! Good luck!

Oh, and I agree, short people do rock.

Unknown said...

Daniel --
Have you met any new friends yet? -- I know it's only your third day. Are they from Qatar or other countries?
Lynne

Uncle Chris said...

Daniel,

How'd the squash game go? How lucky are you guys! Sounds like a great experience and alot of fun. Bring me back a barrel of oil! Send pictures!

Love and hugs to all please!

Uncle Chris

KCDM said...

HI Daniel,

I am impressed! I wish I could be learning like you, and just as quickly, too (don't listen to your sister!).

I'm also impressed that you're playing Squash. I play racquetball too, but I wasn't able to make the transition to the squash game. The ball was too dead, so every time it drops it just plops down and dies, not like a racquetball, which has so much action! I have the same problem with Badminton.

So, what do you think about all that shopping your sister was talking about? And, what will you be doing after Dad comes back to the Burgh and Mom is working?

Have you seen any kids playing Soccer? Or is it too hot to play outside?

It sounds like your living quarters are really nice. Tough life, huh?

Well, keep the blog posts coming and especially send pictures when you have them. I want to see what your Mom looks like in action at CMU-Q :)

Hi Catharine,

What a great surprise to get the link to your blog! Your brother's too! Anyway, I really love the descriptions you and your brother are sending Qatar. They're totally different from what we'd get from boring adults (I don't include your Mom or myself in that category, by the way).

So once you get a count on the cats, do you have a project in mind, like name all the cats, or promote feral cat adoption? Nah, just kidding :) Seriously, what do they look like? Do they just look like strays might look here or do they show any influence of one particular breed, or are they larger or smaller?

Working out at CMU-Q sounds wonderful! So does the housing.

How are you making out with eating Spinach pies and the like, with your allergies? I'm glad to hear there is some gluten-free food, though. But I guess you can live on Hummus, cheese, olives, etc., and not have to eat too much Pita.

What will you be doing with your days once you Mom is working and your Dad comes back to Pittsburgh?

Do send lots more descriptions and especially pictures!

Ma-a ssa'lama!

Kenya

Luke said...

Hi daniel i've heard of squash before. I play racquetball with my dad sometimes.

P.S. We're #1 in 14th still

You're Friend,
Luke