Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day Four: to the mall! (again...)

First of all, check out the photos. There's a link on the side that should lead you right to it. If not... www.flickr.com/photos/cqydjy.

So, question answering time. No camels sadly. I saw a donkey though. Happily English is good everywhere. Sometimes you can't understand what they're saying because they have some sort of an accent or another, but its all still good. I haven't seen too many Americans, but there are a fair amount of Westerners, from wherever they may be. Gasoline is pretty inexpensive around seventy five percent less than in the US. The cats are just skinny little cats flitting around, but they do have that slightly deranged look in their eyes that comes with the territory of feral-ness. They are all different brands and such, as well. Some look better fed in different areas however. The food is okay for me, we recently found gluten free, I think I mentioned this, but hummus is always good too. 

So, today. We went to the mall for lunch and there was this bizarre food court full of American fast food places. But let me tell you, fast food was NOT fast. It took 15 minutes I suppose to get our food. I had a Greek salad today while my family enjoyed the American style: This new mall is not as decorated as the Villagio, but the stores were similar in style, however I did not recognize many of the stores, they were more foreign. The clothes inside were almost the same though. There was also a Starbucks. Hooray! We then went to Carrefour, again, and it was pretty much the same as the other one, but they had more French cheese. Oh, me and my cheese. Then we progressed on to the gym again. Today, was not so enthralling let me tell you. I used the workout equipment like the muscley ones and the erg for crew. I am terribly tired out now. And Daniel played in Game Palooza, which was an empty room with a pool table, a ping pong table, a foosball table, and board games. Woo, not my forte. Especially since I really, really stink at ping pong. But, whatever, mom. Then it was home again, home again, jiggity jig. 
On the flip side my mom is making me take squash & yoga. But I'm in the older group for squash above Daniel. Anyways, I'm a tad bit nervous, but not really, I mean who knows, I've never done either at any time. 

For today's feral cat count: 2!
So that makes...
Feral Cat Count: 4

Peace, Love, and Happiness
Catharine ♥

5 comments:

GE is ME said...

Everything sounds way to cool and what an experience of a life time! love the blog keep it up. You guys must post more videos I want to see everything! BTW Is everyone named Mohamid or Abdul there? G

Unknown said...

Bonjour Catharine! J'aime bien le blog et j'ai regardé les petites videos que tu y as mises. N'oublie pas de faire une petite video d'une minute ou moins de tes impressions de Qatar. Nous la mettrons à notre siteweb d'OC quand tu seras rentrée. -Mme K.

Lauren said...

You would count feral cats, you crazy cat woman.
I know you mentioned some little kids, but have you met any people your own age? (Especially those of the British variety.)

Lauren said...

Oh and so I was telling my mom about gas prices in Qatar because she was complaining about the prices here, and she said "What are you talking about? Qatar is only an hour away. Your friend is full of it."
Thought that was pretty funny and I just had to share!

Matt Ball said...

Hi, D&C! Thanks for the posts -- sounds exciting! Stay warm!
-Anne, Matt, & Ellen (in Tucson, where it is only 100)